View Poll Results: Shall we sacrifice the system?

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Seniors to moderate the request

88 40.00%
  • No, let the system be

132 60.00%
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: About Email Change

User ID
    Character
    Nocturnal
    Guild
    Admin

About Email Change

Hello,

We made a great system that you can manage your own account by all means anytime you want and this includes changing email...

Now max and senior staff has raised the topic of players getting hacked and hackers manages to change their email...

Now this is the case of losing your email on account

1. You are dumb enough to even share your Master key

* Remember you cannot change email without masterkey

2. You have downloaded a 3pp or hack program that has key logger on it.

* Sometimes even guild mate will tell you to download a nice working 3pp and you not knowing it has keylogger and after a week you be crying coz al of your info has been changed,

Now max and seniors suggested to me that changing email should be moderated only HGM can change email you will not be able to completely manage your account.

My issue here is should we disable a very nice system for the responsible players just for the cause of players who are downloading 3pp and getting their account hacked?

Should we sacrifice the good system for good players to save these 3pp users?

Again this is your server and i will see your feedback and what do you think we should do.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Few things you should know

1. We can provide an accounts email changing log uppon request. Includes which and whenHGM changed it.
    2. HGM activities are now being logged UNLIKE before.
    3. This proposal will simply keep players from hacker specially if a player plays from the internet shop. By simply opening a browser and logging in you account from a public computer put your account at risk.

Now I understand that some of you lost your faith on our HGMs because of those sad history BUT then again we Have a GOOD logging and monitoring system these days.

I personally pushing this proposal to work even it will going to give us more tasks because I m confident that this provide us a good result. Basic way to solve a problem (this time rampant hacking) is to identify the problem. The problem is simple (reckless and irresponsible players) that is out of our hand. The 2nd problem is the tools (website option to change an email), we can do something about it by simply removing that tool or public to use.

PS: Good system doesn't automatically mean it is the ideal thing to have or do. Now you guys better think about this because I will be closing this thread and make an official update on Monday along with some other system/protocols adjustments.

@AFRON @MrPark @Nocturnal

Quote Originally Posted by oSkywrath View Post
    hastle on players who wants to change email fast.. for sure players will wait for HGM to process the request for how long? within 24hrs or longer
    As soon as the player proved his or her ownership.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Phezmerga; 24-03-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Don't Imitate, Just Innovate!

Dura Lex Sed Lex
    User ID
    Character
    PRlMlTlVE
    Guild
    ADMIN
    Discord
    Vitalize #8474

Players are just hard headed. Even we remind them not to share their account info, still they do. But I see, this will mitigate hacking cases. Thanks for this boss btw.

DISCORD: Vitalize #8474

Rise of the Geek S A B O T A G E's Avatar
    User ID
    Character
    xInitiator

Great change, so we should contact an HGM if we want to change email adress? :)

- f a p -
    User ID
    Character
    Phezmerga
    Guild
    MASSIVE
    Discord
    Rev#7260

That's sad that we cant manage fully our account plus another work for our Seniors . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Issues can be solved, negative attitude cannot.

User ID
    Guild
    BlueEyez
    Discord
    CruzipiX #8929

This will help boss thank you for this.
    And we need to banned this 3pp players, Causing trouble in Community.

User ID

Thanks nice update

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    User ID
    Character
    DonFacundo
    Guild
    ADMIN

Quote Originally Posted by R E V E R S E View Post
    That's sad that we cant manage fully our account plus another work for our Seniors . . .
    we got a lot of seniors and it's no like every day a normal player need to change an email right?

- System is great (control your account using our server features ) at the same time this fckers are using it to take advantage on others.
    - Yes they are getting the datas because of key loggers BUT i am sure that they will think about more than once before they apply for email changing and deal with the Seniors.
    - Now we canot do anything how are you guys choosing to manage your account in-game but there are things the the seniors can do to lessen this rampant account hacking incidents.
    - The sad thing here is the tendency of PPL using 3pp is probably going to increase, luckily we got a CMT team and lot of seniors who can handle this stuff. All you have to do is to report.

The Desolated
    User ID

Nah... Let hose 3pp users or haxors suffer... as you've said, it is only possible if the person knows your masterkey. So let us manage our accounts, "Your account, your responsibility", ayt?

- f a p -
    User ID
    Character
    Phezmerga
    Guild
    MASSIVE
    Discord
    Rev#7260

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    we got a lot of seniors and it's no like every day a normal player need to change an email right?

- System is great (control your account using our server features ) at the same time this fckers are using it to take advantage on others.
    - Yes they are getting the datas because of key loggers BUT i am sure that they will think about more than once before they apply for email changing and deal with the Seniors.
    - Now we canot do anything how are you guys choosing to manage your account in-game but there are things the the seniors can do to lessen this rampant account hacking incidents.
    - The sad thing here is the tendency of PPL using 3pp is probably going to increase, luckily we got a CMT team and lot of seniors who can handle this stuff. All you have to do is to report.
    Anyway thanks bos.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Issues can be solved, negative attitude cannot.

User ID
    Character
    HighOnLife
    Guild
    HighOnLife
    Discord
    High On Life

thanks for this update boss @Nocturnal
    Siempre andamo' positivo esa e' la forma en que vivo, activo que se joda quien no esté en lo mismo Yo disfruto mientra' siga vivo.

Arms Around You Te amo, let me hold you wrap me arms right around you, girl 'cause l been wrapped up around you to make sure no one could harm you. Come on, mami, let me have you.

High On Life