PDA

View Full Version : Forgot Password and Change Password Fixed

Nocturnal
31-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Hello,

We have finished the Forgot Password and Change Password Scripts in a secure way :)

Change Password System:

Account Manager = > Change Password

- Input Old Password
- Input New Password

=> System will email you a confirmation link to change password (Your email on account) password will not change if you do not confirm the link on your email.

Forgot Password System:

Account Manager = > Forgot Password

- Input username

= > System will email you a link for new password request (Your email on account) password will not reset until you confirm the email link.

- After mail confirmation, Input New Password max 12 Digits.

Thank you,
ZhyperMU Team

SereneSavage
31-01-2011, 05:34 PM
question what happen to those account who just made and nonsense email i mean email that doesnt really exist at all?

AMER
31-01-2011, 05:34 PM
ppl really need this.ppl now can be secure of their accts and lost item due to hacking will be lessen.and a secure way to change password as well.the best,indeed.thanks Noc. :)

Nocturnal
31-01-2011, 05:37 PM
question what happen to those account who just made and nonsense email i mean email that doesnt really exist at all?

Its their fault i mean even on yahoo mail or whatever change or forgot password it works like this.

If you forgot your email on account then contact HGMs and provide secret question and answer, and if you cant provide it then we cannot help you. We cannot just give out password to anyone without security information, i mean you wouldn't want us to give your password to anyone right? if someone claims for your password should we just give it? of course not, thats why we have this security feature on change and forgot password.

Thanks

Fairah
31-01-2011, 05:37 PM
can we use symbols on password?

SereneSavage
31-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Its their fault i mean even on yahoo mail or whatever change or forgot password it works like this.

If you forgot your email on account then contact HGMs and provide secret question and answer, and if you cant provide it then we cannot help you. We cannot just give out password to anyone without security information, i mean you wouldn't want us to give your password to anyone right? if someone claims for your password should we just give it? of course not, thats why we have this security feature on change and forgot password.

Thanks

ok no probs

actually i have accounts which have forgotten emails and secret q and a one thing im sure that is mine but it seem i have to agree with you.

i created zmu account before expecting that i will just stop playing on it opposite thing happens.

anyway our account is our responsibility

wee

Quarantine
31-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Hello,

We have finished the Forgot Password and Change Password Scripts in a secure way :)

Change Password System:

Account Manager = > Change Password

- Input Old Password
- Input New Password

=> System will email you a confirmation link to change password (Your email on account) password will not change if you do not confirm the link on your email.

Forgot Password System:

Account Manager = > Forgot Password

- Input username

= > System will email you a link for new password request (Your email on account) password will not reset until you confirm the email link.

- After mail confirmation, Input New Password max 12 Digits.

Thank you,
ZhyperMU Team
I suggested this one on SUGGESTION Section:)I'm happy that this one was being implemented this time.

Quarantine
31-01-2011, 06:32 PM
link on your suggestion plox
HERE IT IS:
http://www.muonline.biz/zhyper/showthread.php?41303-Change-PASSWORD-on-SITE-W-CONFIRMATION-LINK-On-E-MAIL

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

HERE IT IS:
http://www.muonline.biz/zhyper/showthread.php?41303-Change-PASSWORD-on-SITE-W-CONFIRMATION-LINK-On-E-MAIL
Am i deserving for ur REP sir?Thanks anyway but here i did what u've requested from me:)

Dragoon
31-01-2011, 07:00 PM
A lot better than the previous 'system'.

Holmes
31-01-2011, 07:10 PM

Thanks
You've indeed got a point, but I remember back in s4, my registration e-mail contained "-" but the database entry did not contain "-." I had to ask a HGM for my e-mail, and he claimed it contained no "-" and that's why it was incorrect. Relevantly, two of my accounts had this issue, both contained non-alphanumerical characters.
Have you taken any steps into fixing this issue?

Totle
31-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Well it was a nice update but this is still risky as I can say.

HeavenSent
31-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Great move ^_^.
This is going to make the Admins and HGM's lives easier :)

And will be a faster way to do it! :D

ARROW
01-02-2011, 11:26 PM
How about if you Change Your Email ??

i Changed my Email in MY account .
then , i already did this system .
I change my pass and i didn't receive any reply in my Email .

Oh Carol T_T

Haron
06-02-2011, 03:42 PM
nice one .... hope no account lost,...|^^